Thursday, January 26, 2012

Boy or Girl?

I thought I'd get a brief post in before we head to our ultrasound today. We've known from the beginning that we want to find out the baby's gender at our ultrasound. Some people say it's not a surprise that way, but frankly, we've already gone this long without knowing. It will still be a surprise for us--we'll just be finding out a little sooner! With future children we might be a bit more patient (key word is "might"), but since this is our first child, we really want to find out. I feel like we'll be entering a new chapter of this pregnancy. Booger will no longer be "it" but "he" or "she." We'll be able to buckle down on names. Our families will be able to satisfy the urge to buy gender-specific outfits. On top of all of this, Craig and I have a friendly bet. From the beginning, he's felt that we're having a boy, and I've felt that we're having a girl. Whoever's right gets to a choose a special date for the two us. To be honest, I felt that Booger is a girl in the beginning, but now I really don't know. I feel like I should have some kind of mother's intuition, but there are some days when I feel it's a boy and others when I'm positive it's a girl. I've had dreams with both a boy baby and a girl baby. I've tried old wives' tricks and most have said it's a girl, but there are still some that say it's a boy. I'll just go with the age-old new-parent saying of "It doesn't matter to me as long as it's healthy and happy." I know that gets said a lot, but it's true. This baby will obviously be loved and adored no matter what--we just can't wait to take one more step in getting to know our baby today!

No comments:

Post a Comment